Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Time To Say Goodbye"

Ahhhhh, Viva Las Vegas!!
Megan and Trey, Jim and I spent four days in "Sin City" this week at the Catersource Conference. Awesome! The conference gave us an amazing rate at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, which just opened December 15th. It's the first time in my life that I wanted to just stay in my hotel room with a glass of wine and not leave! This was the view from the balcony:
Is that spectacular or what? The Bellagio Fountains are my absolute favorite thing in Vegas. I have watched them in 35 degree weather for HOURS (ask Jim, he'll tell you, haha) and here they were, from our balcony!
The hotel was magnificent, so many fabulous ideas. Our favorite was the "Chandelier Bar" It's breathtaking! A three story high Empire style chandelier, and the actual bars (three of them, one on each floor) are INSIDE it! Awesome.


The first time we saw it, Trey said "why couldn't we do something like that behind the head table?" (See, we really WERE working! :) Wow!! Would that be a spectacular look! We are on it! More news on that to come. Of course, the Chandelier Bar was made from over 2 million Swarovski crystals, so let's not expect it to be an EXACT replica! We're going to do something cool though, for sure!
It actually reminds me of the first time we saw the fountains at Bellagio and I told Jim that I wanted to put something like that in front of the building. His comment? "Well, I can go out and wiggle the landscaping sprinklers and hum!" I guess until we get slot machines in the lobby of the Manor we will need to scale it back a bit, however we ARE going to do some cool new stuff!
All four of us brought back a ton of ideas from the show, the hotels, and the sessions we attended. More to come in the next couple days, but I need to get to the Manor for our Taste of Aberdeen this afternoon!
More to come! Happy Weddings!

No comments: