Saturday, June 2, 2012


Polka Dot Bride's Suggestions for What to Do and Not Do for Your Wedding!

One of my favorite wedding blogs is Polka Dot Bride which comes from Australia.  This morning I was catching up on some back posts and found this one which talks about do's and don'ts for your wedding.
I thought it was very well done, and I couldn't say it better myself, so I'm giving you the link to go read it. 
I am particularly in agreement over the "hiring professionals" for your wedding.  I can't even count how many couples have been disappointed with their photos because "a friend" did theire photography, or they found someone really cheap; unfortunately, you get what you pay for.  In this day of digital SLR's there are a lot of people out there calling themselves "wedding photographers"--beware! 

We've had major DJ or "lack of DJ" disasters with ipods loaded with 30,000 songs to provide the music for a wedding.  Yes, the ipod did play the music, however everything else that the DJ does was NOT there--and it really showed.  I have said many times, if a DJ only played music, I could put CD's on my sound system and play music, and save people a lot of money!  Of any service you hire for a wedding, your DJ is probably the most critical when it comes to having a fabulous party.  They keep things moving, keep the guests informed of what's going on and what will be happening shortly, they do all the introductions and announcements, and yes, they play music (and reading the crowd is an art too, a good DJ knows what music is getting them out there to dance--very important).

So click on over to the Polka Dot Bride's post, I think everyone can learn something important from it.

No comments: