Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Interesting Story!

I was going through my email this morning, and came to the following:

"My name is Jason and I found a camera yesterday on a Southwest flight from Phoenix to San Jose. The camera looks like it belongs to a white, gay male couple who attended the wedding. Can you please provide Bo & Erin my email so we can identify who the camera belongs to and how to get it to them?"


So of course, I forwarded the email to Erin so that she might be able to get the camera back to the rightful owner.  It was driving me crazy, though, to know how someone on a flight from Phoenix to San Jose would end up with this camera, and better yet, how did he figure out that it was Bo and Erin's wedding on April 2nd that was on the camera?

Well, being the nosey person that I am, I wrote him back and asked him!  Here is what he said:

"I went through the pictures to try and find out who it belonged to. The only identifying thing I could find was the projected hologram on the wall at the wedding reception with the data "Bo & Erin April 2, 2011". So I did a Google search with Bo & Erin and found your blog site with their Pretty in Pink wedding pics. It looked like a match."


So I guess the moral of the story is, make sure you use a gobo with your names and the date so that if anyone loses their camera, the finder can contact you!  How awesome is that?  SO nice of Jason to make the effort to hunt down the bride and groom to try to return the camera!  But equally awesome is the power of the Google search!  Wow! 

Seriously, I am going to take a photo of my name and cell phone number, and I'm going to just leave it on my camera when I download the pictures.  That way if I ever lose it, someone could look through the photos and maybe be as kind as Jason was and return it to me.  In retrospect, I wish I had done this on the camera that was stolen from me in London last summer.  I might have gotten my 746 EDITED pictures of our trip back!  It would have been a long shot, but at least I would have had a chance of getting it back.  As it was, there was nothing in those pictures that would have given anyone a clue of how to contact me.  Jason would not have been able to find the owners of this camera without the gobo on the wall.
I am just amazed. 

1 comment:

Connie said...

I really thought you would have a whole bunch to say 'after' losing tons of sleep while watching 'the event'... I know you have things to say!
Connie